Join us at this excursion in the North of Greece to discover the beauty and strength of Greece.
In this tour you will discover the town of Thessaloniki, archaeological sites relating to the family of Alexander the Great, Greek nature and food, and view the spectacular traditional wrestling. Traditional wrestling comes from Greco-roman wrestling and preserves much of the original features like covering the body of the wrestlers with oil.
The tour will run twice: 16-21 August 2017 and 8-13 September 2017
Day 1 : Thessaloniki
- Arrival in Thessaloniki
- Orientation Tour of Thessaloniki with stops Ano Poli, Rotonda, Aghia Sophia, Roman Agora and Aghios David,
- Check In at hotel
- Welcome dinner at Ladadika
- Overnight at Mediterranean Palace (5*)
Day 2 : Pella – Vergina – Thessaloniki
- Visit to Pella and Vergina sites and museums
- Possible stop at Miesa for Aristotle’s school and tomb of Palm and tomb of Crisis
- Lunch in local restaurant
- Dinner at Mamisio restaurant in Thessaloniki
Day 3 : Lake Kerkini
- Arrival at Lake Kerkini hotel for check in and light lunch
- Boat ride in the Lake for bird watching and photography
- Visit to Water Buffalo farm for tour and lunch with buffalo meat and cheese
- Visit to Byzantine Hammam for body treatment
- Return to hotel for dinner and overnight
Day 4 : Skotoussa Village
- Visit to Skotoussa Village to the largest market in North Greece
- Lunch on your own in the village.
- Visit to the famous wrestling games of Skotoussa with live traditional music
- Return to hotel
Day 5 : Skotoussa Village
- Visit to Skotoussa Village for market and wrestling games.
- Lunch on your own in village
- Return to hotel for cooking lessons and dinner.
Day 6 : Thessaloniki
- Return to Thessaloniki after breakfast.
The package includes:
- Guided tours with private bus
- 2 nights in Thessaloniki with breakfast
- 3 nights in domain in Lake Kerkini with breakfast
- Lunches on days 2 and 3
- Activities on day 3
- Dinners and cooking lesson
- All taxes
The package does NOT include:
- Entry to archaeological sites
- Lunches on days 4 and 5
- Personal expenses