Greece is literally a vast archaeological site. As the country was already inhabited from prehistoric times, traces of human civilization can be found everywhere, in all corners of the land. isit the archaeological wealth of Greece. Admire the works of the Golden Age and let the ancient myths and history that gave birth to the Greek civilization travel you back in time. Enjoy activities, local specialties of Greek cuisine, shopping and nightlife.
(min participation: 15 pax)
Day 1: Thessaloniki
- Arrival in Thessaloniki International Airport transfer to the hotel in private taxi.
- Check-In at Hotel
- Welcome Drinks Reception at hotel
- Welcome Dinner in the traditional area of Ladadika with traditional politiki cuisine (recipes from the area of Contantinople)
Day 2: Thessaloniki – Vergina – Meteora – Kalambaka
- Visit to the Byzantine City Walls on top of thessaloniki.
- Departure for Vergina Royal Tombs .
- Visit to local vineyards for a tour and discussion on Greek wines and lunch with wine tasting.
- Departure for Meteora Valley to visit the world famous monasteries.
- Check in at hotel in Kalambaka with an amazing view of the Holy Rocks of Meteora.
Day 3: Metsovo
- Departure for Metsovo Village in Epirus passing through the valley of Meteora for one last visit.
- Check In at Hotel at Metsovo traditional village.
- Visit the cheese factory of the Tositsa Foundation for a tour and lecture on local cheese production.
- Visit to the Averoff Winery for a lecture on wine production with wine tasting of the world famous Katogi Red Wine.
- Visit of the Pinacothèque which boasts the one of the largest collection of modern greek paintings.
- Dinner at hotel
Day 4: Dodoni
- Departure for Dodoni Dairy Factory one of the largest Dairy companies in Greece for a tour of the facilities and lectures on production and selling of dairy products on a national and international level.
- Visit to Dodoni Archaeological Site tour with professional guide.
- Overnight in hotel and dinner in restaurant with traditional food of the area
Day 5: Delphi
- Dinner in a restaurant by the sea with seafood in the Delphi Area
- Overnight at Hotel.
Day 6: Delphi – Arachova Village – Athens
- Visit to the Oracle of Delphi for guided tour
- Lunch in Arachova a traditional village on the Parnassus mountain
- Check in hotel in Athens in good time for free time to have a rest and dinner.
- Welcome cocktail reception
- Followed by candlelit dinner with degustacion of greek cuisine
Day 7: Athens
- After our breakfast we will meet our professional guides which will take us for a guided tour of the Acropolis site, including the pinnacle of ancient architecture that is the Parthenon, followed by a guided tour of the New Acropolis Museum.
- Lunch at the Stoa Athanaton restaurant for great food accompanied by a live rebetiko music.
- Afternoon departure for the old city of Plaka at the slopes of the Acropolis hill. This is the old part of the city of Athens filled with traditional tavernas and numerous caffes in a labyrinth of narrow cobble paved streets.
- Dinner with traditional Greek dances show in the old city of Athens restaurant. Sample the delicacies of our national cuisine whilst enjoying a demonstration of traditional dances from various regions of Greece.
- Overnight at hotel
Day 8: Athens
- Full American Buffet Breakfast at the restaurant of the Hotel.
- Transfers to Athens International Airport for departure.